The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. No employee will be required to do a job that they consider unsafe. The company will comply with all applicable Oregon OSHA workplace safety and health requirements and maintain occupational safety and health standards that equal or exceed the best practices in the industry.
Our company’s safety committee, consisting of management and labor representatives, whose responsible in identifying hazards and unsafe work practices, removing obstacles to accident prevention, and helping evaluate the company’s effort to achieve an accident-and-injury-free workplace.
Managers, supervisors, and all other employees share responsibility for a safe and healthful workplace.
- Management will consider all employee suggestions for achieving a safer, healthier workplace. Management also will keep informed about workplace safety-and-health hazards and regularly review the company’s safety and health program.
- Supervisors are responsible for supervising and training workers in safe work practices.
- Supervisors must enforce company rules and ensure that employees follow safe practices during their work.
- Employees are expected to participate in safety and health program activities including, immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices, and accidents to supervisors or a safety committee representative, wearing required personal protective equipment, and, participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
The company pledges to do the following:
- Strive to achieve the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Provide mechanical and physical safeguards wherever they are necessary.
- Conduct routine safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions, control health hazards, and comply with all applicable OR-OSHA safety and health requirements.
- Train all employees in safe work practices and procedures.
- Provide employees with necessary personal protective equipment and train them to use and care for it properly.
- Enforce company safety and health rules and require employees to follow the rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigate accidents to determine the cause and prevent similar accidents.